Sunday, December 23, 2012

Remembering an amazing man

   Yesterday the world lost an amazing man. But, heaven gained quite an angel. Pastor Robert Wensil was "M's" preacher since birth I think. Then mine when I joined the church at 15. He was one of the nicest, most sincere people I have ever met, funny too! I remember before M and I got married we had to go to pre-martial counseling with Robert. It was all we could do to hold back our laughter during that session. But, he also gave us amazing advice that we still remember to this day.
   He was the one who was standing at the end of the aisle the day I got saved and the day I got married. If it weren't for him my family wouldn't be what it is today. When I was pregnant with "c-man" I got kidney stones and was in the hospital for 5 days. M couldn't be there most of the time cause he had to work. I remember one day Robert came up there and sat with me for hours. We talked about the most random things that day. Carolina basketball of course, and the dumb bank robber on the news, and that crazy hair style the news lady had. I think he knew I was lonely that day cause even when there wasn't much to talk about anymore he still sat there with me. He visited us when we we're scared to death right after C-man was born and in the NICU. He called when C-Man had his brain surgeries. Even when he was in the midst of battling his leukemia he came to the hospital to see us the day Potato was born, less than 5 months ago.
  He was an amazing man, we will forever remember him to the great changes he made in our lives. He will be greatly missed!

Robert with M and I, the day we got married <3

No comments:

Post a Comment