Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pizza

   We love pizza around here, its the only food that every member of the family with eat. Even picky crazypants. We usually order it, but I like to make it at home too. About a year ago my husband found one of the best goodwill finds ever. A bread machine! For $5, in perfect working condition. I've made a lot of bread in it, but my favorite thing to make is pizza dough. It makes everything so much easier. I am in constant search of the perfect pizza dough recipe, and yesterday I found it! It was easy to work with, buttery, flaky goodness. Here's where I found it!

http://www.momontimeout.com/2012/02/bread-machine-pizza-dough-recipe/


Ingredients:
2 c flour (I like to use bread flour but all purpose and even a combination of AP and wheat flour works)
1 Tbls butter, softened
1 Tbls sugar
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
1/2 c plus 2 Tbls water (105-110 degrees)
Doubled (for 2 pizzas):
4 c flour
2 Tbls butter, softened
2 Tbls sugar
2 tsp yeast
2 tsp salt
1 1/3 c water (105-110 degrees)

I have a big pizza pan, I think it's like 16-18"? So I doubled the recipe and it was a perfect thickness.
Thanks to Momontimeout for this wonderful recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment